08 May 2011

April Reads

I took Amanda's recommendation and checked these two books out of the library (and finished them):
100 Cupboards - N. D. Wilson
Dandelion Fire - N.D. Wilson
I found them to be quite delightful. Magic-y, but not Harry Potter-y. Young Reader-y, but not dumb. A new twist on a classic conflict.

And I read the first book in a new series by the author of Percy Jackson and the Olympians:
The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan
This book was very cool; I loved how he tied the story into Percy Jackson's, without the book being about Percy. And he didn't negate or blow off some of his original story line with his sequel series, which authors are sometimes prone to do.

Aaaaaand, I'm still reading Moby Dick. In the next 60 pages, we...
a) meet Captain Ahab
b) find out that the name of the whale is Moby Dick
I could have told you that by reading the cover.
Current page: 206

This month, I'm working on some non-fiction and "grown-up" books, instead of young adult and young reader. It's no wonder my brain hurts. ;-)

1 comment:

Vicki Heilbronn said...

I know what you mean, sometimes I go with the young adult reading as I know I won't get beau. Strain from it, but will still enjoy it