03 December 2011

November Reads

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer by Dusty Higgins and Van Jenson

"The Power of Six" is the sequel to "I am Number Four," and it is nice, but not spectacular.

"The Picture of Dorian Gray" is just as amazing as I expected it to be. The only novel by playwright Oscar Wilde, it is full of the banter, snide remarks, and fast-moving plot that Wilde is known for. The main character's journey is fascinating, and the ending hits with a bang.

"Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer" is a random graphic novel I picked up at my friend's house over Thanksgiving. The medium of graphic novels is interesting to me, and I love the sheer nerdiness of turning Pinocchio into a vampire slayer (his nose is a stake, get it?). It was a fast read, and made me laugh a lot, despite its dark elements and sometimes confusing animation.

And that's my story! I'm pretty impressed that I managed to read three books in the same month that I put almost 2000 miles on my car, watched three seasons of "Lois & Clark," moved out of my apartment, and spent five days in Texas. Good times.

No comments: