04 August 2010

Pre-move processing

Someone asked me the other day what I'd miss about Portland. Fortunately, my list-making brain had already started a list. Here is what I said, plus a few other things in random order:
  • The Max. I love trains, and I love that I live within walking distance of the Portland metro area train.
  • Powell's. 'Nuff said.
  • The absolute crazy addiction to coffee. I've seen espresso shops attached to more businesses than is remotely reasonable. The other day, I even saw an espresso shop/tanning salon. Yay for P-town.
  • The downtown bridges.
  • No sales tax.
  • Not having to pump my own gas.
  • My church.
  • Of course, my friends.
And here's what I'm not going to miss about Portland:
  • My crazy loud neighbors with screeching children. That's right, screeching.
  • Living alone. Technically, I have a roommate, but I see her about once every two or three weeks.
  • Driving downtown.
  • The dreary "summer" mornings.
 I'm sure I'll have similar lists about Minnesota pretty soon.

1 comment:

Anna Ahrens said...

you missed a few... it's always green here, we don't get huge amounts of snow, the mountains AND the beach are within day-trip range, people are totally friendly and not stuffy, we have our own style (socks and sandals, shorts and rain coats...), just to name a few. Now, I'll leave you to figure out if they're positives or negatives. :-) love ya!