17 August 2010

Road trip!

The road trip from Newberg, OR to Rochester, MN was pretty epic, I must say. My 20-year-old brother and I split the driving of my car, with our two younger bros in the back. And our parents drove the truck - well, my dad did while my mom kept him awake (my dad's affinity for sleeping at the wheel is legendary in our family).

We drove through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Minnesota. I have to say that the speed limits in Montana were pretty nice; my bro and I drove like vampires. ;-) South Dakota was the most unfriendly, and Idaho was the most beautiful.

Along the way, we...

Played with our food













Toured the Lewis and Clark Caverns

Met some bison in Yellowstone National Park (This one's name is Bill, and he said he's not responsible for any of the people-goring that happens in the park.)

Saw more Harleys than any one person could ever fathom (there was a rally in Sturgis, SD)

Snapped a family pic at Mt. Rushmore


And got very well-acquainted with the open road.


The day we arrived in Rochester, it was triple-digit weather with double-digit humidity. Everyone who showed up to help us unload the truck (the whole church, basically) took showers in their own sweat. Eeeeewwwww.

But we're glad to be here, done driving, and settling in. Somewhere in the midst of last-minute Super Target runs, assembling furniture, and job-hunting, I've not had time to take pics of the house; it's a bit of a mess anyway, really. You're not missing anything, trust me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! -Krystal