02 April 2011

February and March reads

I only finished one book in February, so it was hardly worth making a post for.

February: This Much I Know by Wally Lamb

Then in March, I kind of got on a Ted Dekker kick and read:
Thunder of Heaven by Ted Dekker
Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker
Burn by Ted Dekker and Erin Healey

Also, I read
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

And, of course, I couldn't forget Moby Dick. I got really far in February and kind of slacked off in March, but here are my current stats:
Pages in book: 654
Pages read: 158
If I have to read 54.5 pages per month, I should be at 164, so I'm more on target than I was in January, for sure.
The thing that makes Moby Dick so hard to read, is the narrator is suuuuuuper introspective and detail-oriented, and he thinks that we care about his thoughts and surroundings as much as he does. Here is what has actually happened in the first 158 pages: Ishmael meets Queequeg. They get on a boat.

BUT, I have knocked another book off of my "unread books" count on my shelf. Treasure Island makes the count 9, and I'm working on three others.

February/March recommendation: Thunder of Heaven, with Treasure Island as a close second.

What about you? Anything you read in the past couple of months that you want to share?

3 comments:

amber colleen said...

I'm working my way through the 100 Cupboards series by N.D. Wilson. He is without a doubt one of my favorite writers. Reading the second book in the series made me want to sit down and write, that's how good it was. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I started to read Treasure Island when I was home with the flu. I probably only read 5 pages, but they were enjoyable. :)

Vicki Heilbronn said...

soooo, I was reading a online comic book the other day, and I came across this and just thought of you :)

(go to page 10!!)

http://delicious-monster.com/downloads/Literature_EisnerNominee_Humor.pdf