18 August 2011

Looking back, looking forward

Next week will be the 10-year anniversary of my first day of school, ever. As I walked across the street from home to college in my carefully-selected (probably very uncool) outfit, I had no way of knowing that...

In 10 years, I would be:
-still single
-still living with my parents
-okay with that

But I would have been happy to know that I would...
-Visit
   -20 states plus D.C.
   -6 countries
-Own 4 cars
-Bridesmaid in 4 weddings

I'd have been surprised to learn that I would...
-Fly across the ocean 14 times
-Move 13 times
-Regularly attend 6 churches
-Pierce my nose

I probably could have told you that I would...
-Lead at 2 Awana clubs
-Coach 8 Bible quizzes
-Own 3 laptops
-Get 0 tattoos

And I'm still surprised that I've had...
-10 jobs
-9 addresses in 3 countries
-7 apartment-mates
-3 lay-offs
-2 bed-bunk mates
-0 boyfriends

The longest I've gone without a major life-change since that first fateful day of college is 9 months, and even in that time I got a car and made some great friends.

Coming up in a couple of weeks here, I'm getting to make some more exciting life changes! Details in a post to come.

No comments: