03 October 2011

September Reads

Stand-alone book:
The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker

Middle or ending books in series:
Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr
A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
Extras by Scott Westerfeld

Not a shabby list for the same month that I moved, started a new job, and got cable television. :-)

September recommendation: The Bride Collector by Tedd Dekker. He gets better and better with each book, and his thrillers transcend the usual Christian fiction. While his "Circle Trilogy" disappoints me more and more with each book that comes out, his other works have been on my list of favorite books since I discovered "Heaven's Wager" in high school.

Moby Dick: I'm three months away from ditching it. There's still hope, but it dies a little with each passing month.

Of course I have a library card for Joplin, where I'm living now. Anything I should borrow over the next almost-eight weeks?

No comments: